Thursday, October 27, 2011

Culture Socialization

The paradox article provided us with seven steps to socialization. Companies socialize so that things are done the way that they wasn't them done within their organization which is perfectly understandable. But it's almost like brainwash. In college your given the general way of how to solve problems that are related to your field. Then once you go out into the real world the culture changes and the company wants to instill in you the wills to win so to say and in order to keep their reputation they must breed you into the bread winner they need. Kinda demeaning if you think about it. Sort of like saying the way you work isn't working for us and no matter how successful you aim to be you must do it within these parameters whether they are limiting or not. But on the other side I guess we have been socialized our whole life so this time it shouldn't be any different. We aren't kids anymore and now I see the reality of the socialization and I'm not sure if I am really to fond of it. Success involves compromise so I suppose I will have to succumb to it at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment