Thursday, November 17, 2011
All About the Benjamins, I mean Goate Bucks
Well of course a simple class exercise is Goates class was more than it seemed. I was in the top group and thought that we were all together as part of an organization but obviously I was mistaken. Everything was running smoothly aside from the time constraint but when it came down to getting the order placed. We, the top group, were stabbed in the back by those below us. Although I still made some money out of the deal, I was disheartened at the lack of organizational commitment. To do this to a real employer would leave you out on the street for sure and i'm not sure of the rational behind the actions but who knows what was on their papers. Eager to see how Goates expands on the exercise cause I'm speechless to what went down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I couldn't agree more. I think the three of us were so caught off guard at the end. I also agree that if employees would have done that in a normal business setting it would not go over well at all. I am also looking forward to seeing how Goates will expand on this so that maybe we can understand a little better what actually was going on.
ReplyDeleteI am sure we will find out his reasoning on tomorrow. However, I think that the time constraint should be to blame. I felt that it took way to long to get everyone set up with what they needed to be doing. And also the lack of communication. Which I know are things that effect business in the real world as well.
ReplyDeleteI agree that we needed more time. It seems that a lot of my classes this semester have implemented these kinds of stimulations where we are expected to feel our own way through it. While they can be frustrating and somewhat annoying at the time I think they are a good teaching tool considering in the real world we will be expected as managers to give our employees incentives to be loyal and follow company procedures.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you as a member of the top group. We definitely were not given any direction and I feel that the other group members reacted as best they could. If I was in there shoes I may have taken the same action just to save my own skin. However I did feel a bit betrayed when they all came in at once trying to undersell us. We will see what Goates told them and maybe it will all makes sense then.
ReplyDelete