I thought it was very interesting how power is held within the separate groups of society. You think that with the few numbers that the upper groups have the lower groups could easily overtake them and reign free. I mean we pretty much did the same thing against England to gain our independence. The question is why and I think (strictly opinional) that they middle class is really the deciding piece to this. The lower group by far has the numbers and motive to overtake and claim what they want from the top group given they act as a collective whole. But without the helpful hand from the middle group they can't take that step. And I look at it as the middle group yes wants more power but not at the expense of the lower group coming to the same level or rising above them. So instead the middle mediates and does all it can to keep the lower group either low enough that they can't rise or content enough with where they are. The Union is just a way of satisfaction but they don't realize they are also being controlled by the union. Unions unite and also de-unite at the same time. It allows lower class peoples to feel connected but at the same time they are being taken further away from the other unions which contain the rest of their numbers and power.
I just kind of rambled there and i'm not sure if I even said anything worth it but its what was at the surface so i went with it.
By unions I'm assuming you mean labor unions.. but I agree that unions can be a form of repression. If your company elects a union and they are not doing the things you wish for it to do, you have no power to change that, and you are still expected to pay union fees. Likewise if the union as a whole makes a decision you're unhappy with, they speak for you so you again have no power in the situation. However it is the bad that comes with the good because unions also give lower groups the power to stand united and be stronger than they would be alone.
ReplyDeleteI agree with some of what you are saying. Yes, the middle group does have a play in the uprising of the lower class. Not to be stereotypical but the lower class is generally the less educated of the classes and therefore does not now the way to revolt against the other classes. I think that the middle class helps the lower class revolt, gives them a means of doing so, and sits back until it is all over then they take over control and the lower class is pushed to the middle. I believe the lower class will never fully get what they want because they are not equipped enough to succeed.
ReplyDeleteI think the top group held the power in the simulation because everyone else handed it to them freely. Its the same thing when talking about the Big 3. These big three institutions hold the power because the people willingly hand them their power. Then they complain about how they have no power, but will make the same mistake over and over again. I guess I'll just never understand people.
ReplyDelete